Prep Your Lunches For The Week in 10 MinutesMay 09, 2023
I’m all about quick, easy, and YUMMY!
So these taco bowls are AMAZING! For many reasons-
- It’s super fast + easy to make
- It’ll hold in the fridge for a week
- You can spice them up differently EVERY DAY for a new meal
- Sick of it in a bowl? Throw it in a taco shell or wrap into a burrito!
- Best part is this can easily fit into anyone’s macros + is a well balanced meal with a good balance of protein, fat, and carbs!
All you need is:
- 2 Pounds Ground Turkey
- 1 Can of Black Beans
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet
- Rice Cooked (enough for 4-5 servings)
- Tortilla Chips
- Taco Toppings: Tomatoes, cheese, salsa, hot sauce, sour cream/guac, etc.
So you will cook up all the ground turkey in a pan and throw the black beans and taco seasoning in when it’s almost brown.
Cook up your rice! Now wheat or white is up to you. The only difference is whole wheat rice has fiber and grains. White rice is wheat rice but processed to have the fiber and grains taken out!
So whole wheat will fill you up as it’s a slower digesting carb with the fiber.
White rice digests faster making you hungry faster.
In containers measure out a serving of rice and 4oz of ground turkey! These will go in the fridge, ready to go!
When you’re ready to microwave and eat your taco bowl you can dress it up how you like! I mash up chips in mine, add iceberg lettuce, and diced tomatoes with some sour cream! You can do this differently every time for a different flavor OR just toss your mixture into tacos or a burrito for extra carbs!
If you work/take your lunch to go put all your toppings in a separate container to mix together that way your rice and turkey doesn’t get mushy!
Make at least 5 of these so you can have lunches (or dinner) ready to go!
If you loved this recipe you will like the recipes and ideas I have in my 12 week at home transformation program!
I take the confusion + frustration out of working out + eating healthy. Everything is done for you and SIMPLE.
Women are losing 20 pounds in these 12 weeks!